Monday, July 1, 2013

Tear filled goodbyes, new beginnings June 28-June 30th

The week in Limpopo has been one that I will cherish forever. I honestly couldn't be more filled. My cup is over flowing. The end of the week was just as incredible as the beginning. Thursday was filled with seeing my BEAUTIFUL boy, Obed again. I also was able to stand in for friends; my parents, Stacy, Dave and Dawn, and shiee and meet their beautiful children again as well.
Dineo, my parent's 2 year old little girl, was waiting with her granny outside of Segkopo village. Last October I had the privilege of being able go there and meet my boy Obed and many other wonderful children. The kids at Segkopo have had more teams of people from America come in and conduct programs for them than any other village. And it shows. These kids are so on fire for God. They have the most amazing choir, dance groups, and talented kids. They are thriving, and it is all because faithful people are answering the call from God to come and invest in their lives.
All these kids need is hope. Hope that only God can provide. God is providing it by using people. Never once in the Bible do you read that Jesus wrote a check to fix a problem or perform a miracle. Jesus sent people; ordinary people to do mighty works. I find it humbling to know that God has chosen me to do his work in Africa, Nicaragua, and at home.
He is bringing me joy and so many blessings by just being obedient to him. Obed is one of the greatest blessings he has given me. I can't describe the feeling I had all day seeing him, touching him, being around him. I can honestly say that I love that sweet, innocent boy with everything that I have. A love like this can only come from one person; God. Jesus has given me this love, and I am so grateful that He has trusted me with giving hope, encouragment, and love to this beautiful boy. I am just simply in awe of what He has given me; entrusted me with, and how He is moving in my life. I have decided to stop following Jesus, rather I want to imitate Him. I must follow God's example.
I find myself asking, "How will I ever be able to process all that I will and have seen in Africa over the next two months?" You know, Jesus wasn't a beautiful man-- there was nothing majestic about him. The kids in Africa and in all poor countries of the world are forced to live ni poverty. They are forgotten. Jesus had a lot of people that wanted something from him, but FEW wanted just him. Jesus came from a very poor place; Nazareth. Can anything good come out of such a poor place? We usually don't consider what Jesus did for us. God sent his only Son, at His will, to cause his son to suffer for teh sake of every single human being. I can't imagine sending my son, Obed, one who I didn't even birth myself, to suffer the way Jesus did. I just can't hardly stand to think of that. Yet, Jesus was on the cross filled with joy to see what He would accomplish.

 The exposure of seeing the pain here in Africa is bringing something better, just as Jesus did for us. God has me here following His example. The pain is real. Real in the children's lives, the women's lives, and in my life. How did Jesus show himself? He suffered himself. God isn't here to give us a perfect life, and I am ok with that. I realize that I have been blessed more than I ever thought possible.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Rachael. I saw your blog through Hollie on Facebook. I kept a blog too while in Mexico for a mission trip last summer. What you are doing sounds wonderful! It reminds me of a missionary named Katie Davis. Have you heard of her? She wrote a book and I believe lives in Uganda near where you are. I read her book and it was so inspirational. I pray that God continues to bless you while you serve Him and his children in Uganda!!

    ReplyDelete